October 21, 2022
Fun Ways to Lose Weight
Regular exercise is important to being physically fit. Sometimes though, doing the same old workout routine can be a bore. It’s depressing! Instead of looking forward to exercise, we tend to find it harder and harder to do.
If this is true in your case, then it’s high time to break out of that boring old routine and try something fresh. A dash of creativity is all you need. Try something new and novel to make your exercise fun and exciting.
Here are some fun ways to lose weight—just some ideas to help you get started:
- Play twister. Need to practice pilates or yoga poses, try playing twister? This is a fun way of working on your flexibility and strength.
- Hula hoop. This is a low-intensity exercise that’s also a fun way to lose weight. It is a great way to tone your abs and raise your heart rate. You can do this alone, with a partner or with a group. If you’re up for a challenge, try daring yourself or your friends and see who can hoola the longest.
- Chore race. Who knew multi-tasking could be fun? Not only will you be able to do your chores but you will also be able to do some much needed exercise. To make it more exciting, set a time limit and/or challenge yourself or your partner to see who gets to finish doing chores first.
- Learn a new sport. Learn that sport you’ve always wanted to learn. This will be fun because you will be able to learn something new plus gain all the benefits of engaging in sports activities.
- Dance. There are a lot of dances that have been turned into exercise routines. An example is Zumba. This is a new dance fitness program that incorporates dance styles such as salsa, mambo, flamenco, cha-cha, samba, belly dancing, hiphip, etc. The work out transitions from one toning to strengthening and targets every major muscle group of the body.
- Do more activities outdoors. You could go on a picnic or go hiking. You may even do some cross-country biking. Not only will this help you burn calories, it will also let you have a breath of fresh air. It’s best to do this with family and friends.
- Geocaching. It’s basically a treasure hunt or a hide-and-seek game—with a modern twist. With the use of GPS (Global Positioning System) receiver or some other navigational technique, participants try to locate geocaches and share their experience online. Geocaches are typically small, waterproof containers containing a logbook for the date it was found. It’s an outdoor sporting activity worth trying.
- Go shopping. For most women, shopping can take hours. According to studies an average female shopper will walk around 2 miles just to choose a purchase. What a fun way to lose weight, for women at least.
The trick is to choose activities that you enjoy and that fits into your lifestyle. Sticking to a set exercise routine can become repetitive. It may help to change your routine or try a new activity once in a while. Try having a different workout or activity every other day or week. You may do some dancing today, go shopping tomorrow or have some household chores done during the weekend. Use your creativity and think of new and novel ways to just keep moving!